|For layer cake|
|Cake flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract/Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg whites||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (2 In Number)|
|For two layer cake|
|Cake flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract/Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg whites||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (4 In Number)|
1. Place all ingredients in mixing bowl.
2. Blend at low speed, then beat at medium speed 2 minutes.
3. Spread batter in one or two 9-in round, 8x8-or 10x6-in baking dish(es).
4. Microwave 1 layer at a time at 50% (Medium) 6 minutes, rotating 1/4 turn every 3 minutes.
5. Increase power to High.
6. Microwave 2 to 5 minutes, or until done.
7. Immediately sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs, if desired.
8. Let stand directly on countertop 5 to 10 minutes.