This rice cake is made from leftover jasmine rice. It is another easy way to prepare a rice cake.
Steamed jasmine rice
1 Cup (16 tbs)
For shrimp topping
1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped
1 Tablespoon, minced
1. In a saran wrap, place the jasmine rice and make a log. Wrap the rice and place in refrigerator for an hour.
2. For shrimp topping – in a mortar, place the shrimp and crush with pestle until a shredded consistency is obtained.
3. Heat oil in a shallow pan and add in the shallot. Sauté for a minute.
4. Add in the shrimp and stir well. Season with fish sauce and salt and sauté for another 1 minute.
5. Take out the jasmine log from the fridge and slice into ½ inch thickness.
6. Heat the rice cakes into the microwave.
7. Top the rice cakes with shallot oil, shrimp and bean sauce. Serve and enjoy!