Lazy Daisy Cake
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Packed light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Sweetened, flaked coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 9-inch square baking pan.
2. In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. In small saucepan, heat 3/4 cup milk and 2 tablespoons butter over low heat until butter melts and milk is hot.
3. Meanwhile, in another small bowl, with mixer at medium-high speed, beat eggs and granulated sugar until slightly thickened and pale yellow, about 5 minutes, frequently scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Beat in vanilla.
4. Transfer egg mixture to large bowl. With mixer at low speed, alternately add flour mixture and hot milk mixture to egg mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat just until smooth, occasionally scraping bowl with spatula.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Place pan on wire rack.
6. Preheat broiler. In 2-quart saucepan, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, remaining 4 tablespoons butter, and remaining 2 tablespoons milk. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in pecans and coconut. Spoon topping over hot cake; spread to cover top evenly.
7. Place pan on rack in broiling pan. Broil 5 to 7 inches from heat source until topping is bubbly and browned, 1 to 2 minutes, watching carefully and rotating pan as necessary for even browning. Serve warm, or cool on wire rack to serve later.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3829 Calories from Fat 1487
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 172 g264.2%
Saturated Fat 83.4 g416.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 850.6 mg283.5%
Sodium 2355.5 mg98.1%
Total Carbohydrates 528 g176%
Dietary Fiber 36.1 g144.3%
Sugars 367 g
Protein 58 g116.4%
Vitamin A 65.1% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 100.8% Iron 73.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet