Courgette and Rosemary Rice Cake
|Vegetable stock||3 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Arborio risotto rice||11 1⁄2 Ounce (325 Grams)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||5 Tablespoon|
|Courgettes||12 Ounce, grated (350 Grams)|
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Eggs||3 Medium, beaten|
|Vegetarian gruyere cheese/Cheddar cheese||5 1⁄2 Ounce, grated (150 Grams)|
|Double cream||4 Tablespoon|
|Chopped rosemary||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|For the sauce|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cherry tomatoes||3 1⁄2 Ounce, halved (100 Grams)|
|Passata||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter, Sieved Tomatoes)|
|Wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh basil leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs), roughly torn (Plus Extra To Garnish, A Small Handful)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
1. Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Oil a 20cm springform tin. Cook the rice in boiling water for 8 mins, then drain.
2. Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan, then fry the courgettes and onions for 5 mins. Mix in a bowl with the rice, garlic and remaining olive oil, then leave to cool slightly.
3. Add the eggs, cheese, cream, rosemary, nutmeg and seasoning, then turn into the tin. Level the surface, then bake for about 25 mins until the cake is golden.
4. To make the sauce, heat the oil in a pan, add the tomatoes, then fry until lightly coloured. Add the passata, stock, vinegar, basil and seasoning, then gently heat.
5. Carefully turn the cake out on to a warmed serving plate. Serve, cut into wedges, with the sauce and garnished with basil.
Calories 813 Calories from Fat 422
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g71.9%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g53.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 182.4 mg60.8%
Sodium 260.2 mg10.8%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.2%
Sugars 12.2 g
Protein 19 g38.2%
Vitamin A 30.7% Vitamin C 50.5%
Calcium 48.9% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet