Banana Split Cake
|Chocolate sandwich cookies||14|
|Butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon, melted|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Pint|
|Ripe bananas||4 Medium|
|Chocolate ice cream||1 Pint|
|Strawberry ice cream||1 Pint|
|Heavy cream/Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), broken|
|Maraschino cherries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare Sublime Hot Fudge Sauce; cool completely.
2. In plastic bag, with rolling pin, finely crush cookies. In 9" by 3" springform pan, with fork, stir cookie crumbs and melted butter until evenly moistened. With hand, press cookie mixture firmly onto bottom of springform pan. Bake until crust is slightly darker at edge, 12 to 14 minutes. Place crust in freezer until well chilled, about 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, place vanilla ice cream in refrigerator to soften slightly, about 30 minutes. With narrow metal spatula, evenly spread vanilla ice cream over crust; cover and freeze until firm, about 45 minutes.
4. Cut 3 bananas lengthwise in half. Pour cooled fudge sauce over vanilla ice cream; arrange bananas on top. Cover and freeze cake until fudge sauce is firm, about 1 hour.
5. Meanwhile, place chocolate ice cream in refrigerator to soften slightly, about 30 minutes. Evenly spread chocolate ice cream over fudge sauce and bananas. Cover and freeze until firm, about 20 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, place strawberry ice cream in refrigerator to soften slightly. Spread strawberry ice cream evenly over chocolate ice cream. Cover and freeze until firm, about 3 hours or up to 2 days.
7. To serve, in small bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat cream until soft peaks form. Cut remaining banana on diagonal into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Dip small knife in hot water, shaking off excess; run knife around edge of pan to loosen cake. Remove side of pan; place cake on platter. With narrow metal spatula, mound whipped cream over top of cake. Arrange banana slices on whipped cream; sprinkle with walnuts and top with cherries. Let stand about 10 minutes at room temperature for easier slicing.