Coconut Layer Cake
|Sifted cake flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter stick/Margarine||2 , softened (1 Cup)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon filling||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fluffy 7 minute frosting||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||3 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
1. Grease three 8x1 1/2 -inch or two 9x1 1/2 -inch round layer-cake pans; dust with flour; tap out excess.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt onto wax paper.
3. Beat softened butter or margarine, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl with electric mixer at high speed, 3 minutes.
4. Beat in flour mixture alternately with milk, at low speed with electric mixer. Scrape side of bowl with rubber scraper after each addition. Pour batter into prepared pans.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 30 minutes, or until centers spring back when lightly touched with fingertip.
6. Cool layers in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; loosen around edges with a knife; turn out onto wire racks; cool completely.
7. Spread lemon filling between layers. Frost side and top with fluffy 7-minute frosting. Sprinkle generously with coconut.