Eggless Fuit Cake - Quick Christmas Cake
|Cake mixture||8 Ounce (Pound cake mix used)|
|Flax seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Assorted berries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Cranberries, raisins and cherries can also be added)|
|Milk/Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Use as required)|
|Assorted nuts||2 Tablespoon, broken (Optional)|
|Cooking spray||2 Dash (To grease the baking tray)|
1. Take a bread loaf tray and grease it with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Preheat the oven at 350 F.
3. Take a bowl, add the pound cake mix and the flax seeds powder, mix together.
4. Add the oil and mix again.
5. Gradually add the milk, whisking continuously to get a smooth batter.
6. Add the fruit cake mix (dried fruits/berries) and nuts, if any. Whisk to combine well.
7. Pour the batter into the greased bread loaf tray and bake it in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
8. Check with a tooth pick and when it comes out clean, the cake is done.
9. Remove the cake on to a cooling rack and let it cool before serving.
10. Serve the cake as a snack or a dessert at any time. The cake can be served drizzled with some berry sauce as well.
Make biscotti out of the left over cake. Bake thin slices of the cake at the lowest temperature in the oven for 2 hours till it gets crispy and golden brown in color.
Calories 276 Calories from Fat 132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.4%
Saturated Fat 3 g14.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.9 mg0.6%
Sodium 288.5 mg12%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.98 g3.9%
Sugars 17.6 g
Protein 4 g7.3%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 3%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 0.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet