Semi-home made egg-less but still very spongy chocolate cake is a must try recipe for those who are allergic to egg or who don't eat eggs.
2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (chocolate flavor)
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, ground
Vegetable oil/Canola oil
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
4 1⁄2 Tablespoon
For the cake decoration
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Take 2 baking dishes (round) and spray using cooking spray to grease the surface.
3. Take a mixing bowl and add the cake mix flour, ground flax seeds and baking powder. Mix well.
4. Then add the wet ingredients one at a time. Firstly add the oil and mix. Then gradually add the milk a small portion at a time and keep mixing.
5. Add about 4 1/2 tablespoons of water. Keep stirring continuously till the batter is smooth.
6. Pour half of the prepared batter into one baking dish and the other half into the other. Put both into the oven and bake for about 25 minutes.
7. Check if the cake is done by piercing it with a tooth pick. When the tooth pick comes out clean, turn off the oven and remove the baking dishes.
8. Cool the cakes on a cooking rack.
9. Place some wax papers on a plate and then place the cake on top of the wax papers. Spread chocolate frosting on the surface of the cake.
10. Place the second cake over the top of the first. Spread chocolate frosting on the surface and sides of the entire cake.
11. Fill some of the frosting into the decoration bag and squeeze frosting all around the edge of the cake forming a pattern.
12. Sprinkle some sugar sprinkles of different colors over the top and serve.
The substitute for egg in this recipe is flax seeds.
1 Egg = 1 tablespoon of flax seeds powder + 3 tablespoons of water
Things You Will Need
1. 9-inch baking dish (any shape of your choice)
2. Cooking spray - to grease the baking dish
3. Wax paper - to place under the cake while icing the cake
4. Cake decoration pouch/bag