Easy Devil'S Food Cake
|Unsweetened chocolate||3 Ounce (3 Squares)|
|Sifted cake flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fluffy 7 minute frosting||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
1. Melt chocolate in a small bowl over hot, not boiling, water; cool.
2. Grease two 9x1 1/2-inch round layer-cake pans. Dust lightly with flour; tap out excess.
3. Sift flour, baking soda and salt onto wax paper.
4. Beat butter or margarine in a large bowl until soft. Add brown sugar and eggs; beat with electric mixer at high speed, until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in vanilla and cooled, melted chocolate.
5. Stir in dry ingredients alternately with sour cream, beating well with a wooden spoon after each addition, until batter is smooth. Stir in boiling water. (Batter will be thin.) Pour cake batter at once into prepared pans.
6. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 35 minutes, or until centers spring back when lightly pressed with fingertip.
7. Cool layers in pans on wire racks, 10 minutes; loosen around edges with a knife; turn out onto wire racks; cool completely.
8. Fill and frost with fluffy 7-minute frosting.