Chocolate Layer Cake
|Shortening/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking chocolate square||2 Ounce (2 Squares)|
|Cake flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk/Sour milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Shortening||2 Tablespoon (For Greasing The Pan)|
1. Start oven, set at Moderate, 350° F. Grease 2 9-inch layer pans.
2. Blend together the shortening, sugar, salt, vanilla and eggs.
3. Break the squares of chocolate and melt them over hot water. Add to the creamed mixture.
4. Sift the flour with the soda and add alternately with the milk to the creamed mixture. Pour into the layer pans.
5. Bake about 30 minutes. When baked, let stand in the pans about 5 minutes, then remove from pans onto a cake rack, right-side up to finish cooling. When thoroughly cooled, put the layers together with any preferred frosting.