Quick Layer Cake
|Cake flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine/shortening||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Start oven, set at Moderate, 375° F. Rub 2 8-inch layer pans with margarine or shortening.
2. Mix and sift the dry ingredients.
3. Break the egg into a 1-cup measuring cup; add the cooled, melted shortening and fill up the cup with milk. Pour into a mixing bowl and add the lemon extract.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients, stirring only until mixed; then beat 1 minute or until creamy.
5. Pour into the layer pans. Bake about 25 minutes.
6. Leave plain or frost.