|Cake flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), powdered|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
1. Start oven, set at Moderate, 350° F. Cover a cookie sheet or baking pan with a sheet of ungreased paper.
2. Sift the flour, salt and 1/3 cup of the sugar together 3 times.
3. Beat the egg whites stiff; gradually add the remaining sugar and beat thoroughly. Fold in the vanilla.
4. Beat the egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored and add to the egg white mixture. Gently fold in the flour mixture, sprinkling about one-fourth of it at a time over the egg white mixture.
5. Pour the batter into a pastry bag or tube and force through onto the paper-covered pan in strips 4 inches long by 3/4-inch wide. Sprinkle each finger with powdered sugar.
6. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until delicately browned.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1021 Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.9%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g23.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 634.4 mg211.5%
Sodium 452.5 mg18.9%
Total Carbohydrates 194 g64.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g31%
Sugars 134.7 g
Protein 29 g58.4%
Vitamin A 14.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 13.3% Iron 15.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet