|Cake flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), powdered|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
1. Start oven, set at Moderate, 350° F. Cover a cookie sheet or baking pan with a sheet of ungreased paper.
2. Sift the flour, salt and 1/3 cup of the sugar together 3 times.
3. Beat the egg whites stiff; gradually add the remaining sugar and beat thoroughly. Fold in the vanilla.
4. Beat the egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored and add to the egg white mixture. Gently fold in the flour mixture, sprinkling about one-fourth of it at a time over the egg white mixture.
5. Pour the batter into a pastry bag or tube and force through onto the paper-covered pan in strips 4 inches long by 3/4-inch wide. Sprinkle each finger with powdered sugar.
6. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until delicately browned.