Blueberry Mango Upside Down Cake
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Finely shredded orange peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Packed brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Mango slices/Peaches||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Peeled And Pitted)|
|Fresh blueberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|Fat free milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1. Place egg whites in a medium bowl. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, orange peel, and ginger; set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 1 1/2-inch round baking pan. In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, the 2 tablespoons melted butter, and the water. Spread in prepared pan. Arrange mango or peach slices over brown sugar mixture. Sprinkle with blueberries.
3. Beat egg whites with an electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Gradually add 1/4 cup of the granulated sugar, beating until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, beat the 1/4 cup butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Beat in the remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar and the vanilla. Alternately add the flour mixture and milk, beating on low speed just until combined. Fold egg white mixture into batter; spoon over fruit in baking pan, spreading evenly.
5. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
6. Loosen side by running a knife around cake; invert onto serving plate. Cut into wedges. Serve warm. If desired, serve with frozen yogurt.
Calories 467 Calories from Fat 159
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.8%
Saturated Fat 11.1 g55.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47.1 mg15.7%
Sodium 249 mg10.4%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.3%
Sugars 52 g
Protein 6 g12%
Vitamin A 11.2% Vitamin C 6.5%
Calcium 26.6% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet