|Cake flour||2 2⁄3 Cup (42.67 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||8 Small, separated|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
1. Start oven, set at Slow, 275°-300° F. Rub a 10-inch tube pan with margarine or shortening, line with heavy waxed paper and rub the paper with margarine or shortening.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together.
3. Cream the butter or margarine until soft; gradually add the sugar, beating until creamy.
4. Beat the egg yolks thick and light-colored and add to the creamed mixture, beating well. Then add the milk, vanilla, fruits and nuts and beat thoroughly. Gradually add the flour, beating smooth after each addition.
5. Whip the egg whites stiff and fold into the batter. Pour into the tube pan.
6. Bake 2 hours; look at it after the first hour's baking; remove from the oven before the 2 hours are up if the cake is done. Test for doneness with a wire cake tester. Let cake cool thoroughly.
7. Then frost and decorate with Butter Frosting