Strawberries And Cream Cake
|Sifted cake flour||2 2⁄3 Cup (42.67 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Strawberry butter cream frosting||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Grease two 9x1 1/2 -inch round layer-cake pans; dust lightly with flour; tap out excess.
2. Measure flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a sifter.
3. Beat cream in a medium-size bowl until stiff.
4. Beat eggs in a large bowl until very thick and light; beat in vanilla; fold in reserved whipped cream. Sift dry ingredients over cream mixture; gently fold in until batter is smooth; pour batter into prepared pans.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 30 minutes, or until centers spring back when lightly pressed with fingertip.
6. Cool layers in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; loosen aronud edges with a knife; turn out onto wire racks; cool completely.
7. Put layers together with strawberry butter cream frosting; frost side and top with remaining frosting; garnish with strawberries, if you wish.