Golden Butter Cake
|Cake flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter stick/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
1. Grease two 9x1 1/2-inch round layer-cake pans. Dust lightly with flour; tap out excess.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt onto wax paper.
3. Beat butter or margarine, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl with electric mixer at high speed, 3 minutes. (Finish mixing cake by hand.)
4. Add flour mixture alternately with milk, beating after each addition until batter is smooth. Pour into prepared pans.
5. Bake in a moderate oven (350°) 30 minutes, or until centers of layers spring back when lightly pressed with fingertip.
6. Cool layers in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Loosen around edges with knife; turn out onto wire racks; cool completely.
7. Put layers together with chocolate butter cream frosting, burnt sugar frosting, or any frosting you prefer.