Chocolate Wedding Cake
|Rich chocolate cake||1 (6 Inch Round And 10 Inch Round Bought Or Homemade Variety)|
|Triple quantity chocolate fudge icing cake||1|
|Icing sugar||2 Ounce (For Dusting)|
|Chocolate icing||4 Pound (2 Kilogram Brown Ready To Roll Variety)|
|Chocolates||1 Pound (500 Gram, 1 Box)|
|Coffee beans||3 1⁄2 Ounce (100 Gram, Mixed Variety Of Beans)|
1. Cut both cakes in half horizontally and sandwich them together with half the chocolate fudge icing. Put the smaller cake on the 20 cm (8 inch) board and the larger cake on the 30 cm (12 inch) board. Spread the top and sides of the cakes with the remaining icing.
2. Dust your work surface with icing sugar and roll out 1 kg (2 lb) of the icing to a circle, 35 cm (14 inches) across. Lift the icing over the larger cake. Smooth the icing down the sides and trim off the excess around the base. Reserve the trimmings.
3. Roll out a further 750 g (1 1/2 lb) of the icing and use it to cover the smaller cake. Knead the trimmings and remaining icing together. Secure the 2 largest cake boards together with clear tape, then secure the large cake, on its board, on top.
4. Cover all the top edges of the cake boards with the remaining icing, starting with the smallest and working down to the largest board. Rest the smaller cake on top of the larger one. Wrap the coffee-coloured ribbon around the cakes. Secure the ivory-coloured ribbon around all the boards.
5. Pile the chocolates on top of the smaller cake and around the edge of the larger one. Scatter the coffee beans on top.