Lemon Pound Cake
|Sifted cake flour||2 1⁄3 Cup (37.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. Grease a 10-inch bundt or 9-inch angel cake tube pan. Dust lightly with flour; tap out excess.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt onto wax paper.
3. Combine butter or margarine, sugar and eggs in a large bowl; beat with electric mixer at high speed, 3 minutes. (Finish mixing cake by hand.)
4. Combine milk, lemon rind and juice in a cup. Stir flour mixture into batter alternately with milk mixture, beating after each addition, until batter is smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 1 hour, or until top springs back when lightly pressed with fingertip. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes; loosen around edge and tube with a knife; turn out onto wire rack; cool completely. Sift 10X (confectioners') sugar over cake, if you wish.