Betty's Best Chocolate Cake With Double Frosting
|Cocoa powder||14 Tablespoon (3/4 cup+ 2 tablespoons)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||10 Tablespoon, softened to room temperature, divided (1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Self rising flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|White icing||1 Cup (16 tbs), as needed (Betty's Never Fail White Icing)|
|Chocolate frosting||1 Cup (16 tbs), as needed (Betty's Rich Chocolate Frosting)|
|Chocolate curls||2 Teaspoon (as neeeded) (Optional)|
1. Grease, and flour three 8-inch cake pans lined with waxed paper on the bottom.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
3. In a small saucepan, combine cocoa powder, boiling water, and 2 tablespoons butter. Stir until smooth and set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add sugar and self-rising flour and stir until well-blended.
5. Pour cocoa mixture and ½ cup butter into the mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer on medium speed to blend.
6. Add buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla. Beat for 2 minutes with electric mixer.
7. Ladle batter equally into the 3 cake pans. Pop the pan in oven and bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until a toothpick when inserted into the cake comes out clean.
8. Cool cake in pans for about 10 minutes, and then cool completely on racks.
9. Spread Betty's Never Fail White Icing between the layers and on top of cake. Let the icing set up before continuing. (You may find it useful to refrigerate the cake for a couple of hours.)
10. Spread Betty's Rich Chocolate Frosting over top and sides of the cake.
11. Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired. Let cake frosting set up before serving.
12. Cut in slices serve and enjoy!