Spicy Applesauce Cake
|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Low-sodium baking powder||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Applesauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Sift dry ingredients together.
3. Add oil, applesauce, and vanilla. Mix with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping sides of bowl. Beat on high speed 1 minute.
4. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until frothy. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar while continuing to beat. Beat on high speed to stiff peak stage, 4-5 minutes.
5. Place egg whites in large mixing bowl and pour batter over whites. Fold in gently, 30-35 times.
6. Bake in two oiled and floured pans 25-30 minutes.
7. Cool 5 minutes and remove from pan.