Quick Easy Apple Cake
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Pumpkin pie spice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Dried currants||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||3⁄4 Can (7.5 oz) (2/3 Cup)|
|Tart apple||1 Large, pared, cored and sliced thin|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
1. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and pumpkin-pie spice into a large bowl; stir in brown sugar.
2. Cut in 6 tablespoons of the butter or margarine with a pastry blender until the mixture is crumbly. Measure out 1/2 cup and set aside for topping; stir currants into remainder.
3. Beat eggs slightly in a small bowl; stir in evaporated milk. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture until well-blended. Spoon into a greased 9-inch pie plate.
4. Arrange apple slices, overlapping, in 2 circles on top. Sprinkle with the 1/2 cup reserved crumb mixture; dot with remaining 2 tablespoons butter or margarine; sprinkle top evenly with granulated sugar.
5. Bake in a moderate oven (350°) 45 minutes, or until center springs back when lightly pressed with fingertip. Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack; cut in wedges. Serve warm.
Calories 825 Calories from Fat 264
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.1%
Saturated Fat 17.8 g88.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 181.6 mg60.5%
Sodium 551.8 mg23%
Total Carbohydrates 127 g42.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.1%
Sugars 76.5 g
Protein 14 g27.7%
Vitamin A 19.1% Vitamin C 90.2%
Calcium 43% Iron 24.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet