Strawberry Short Biscuits
|For strawberries and whipped cream|
|Strawberries||2 Pint, washed, hulled and sliced lengthwise|
|Granulated sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), divided|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|For shortcake biscuits|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||8 Tablespoon, cold, cut into small chunks (1 Stick)|
|Heavy cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
STRAWBERRIES AND WHIPPED CREAM
1. In a bowl, combine the sliced strawberries, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, and lemon juice; toss gently and keep aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the remaining 1/3 cup of sugar with the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
3. Cover and refrigerate until biscuits are prepared.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk the dry ingredients until thoroughly combined.
5. Using a pastry cutter or two knives, cut butter into the size of small peas.
6. Add the cream and mix with a wooden spoon until the dough is thoroughly moistened, but not over-worked.
7. Onto a lightly floured, nonstick surface, place the dough and roll into a 1/2-inch-thick disk with a floured rolling pin.
8. Using a cookie cutter or a drinking cup, or an empty tin can, cut the dough into three-inch rounds, gently rolling and re-rolling the dough as necessary.
9. Shift the cookies onto a cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
10. Allow to cool.
ASSEMBLE THE SHORTCAKES:
11. Horizontally cut each cooled biscuit in half.
12. Place the bottom half on a plate and spoon the strawberries and whipped cream over it.
13. Top with the other half of the biscuit.
14. Serve immediately.
This video is a creation of miriamleigh. You can visit miriamleigh for complete recipes, and more videos.