Summer Celebration Cake
|8 inch rich chocolate cake||1 (Round / Homemade, 20 Centimeter)|
|White chocolate ganache|
|White chocolate||12 Ounce (375 Grams)|
|Fruits||1 Pound (Soft Ones Like -Strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries And Redcurrants, 500 Gram)|
|Red currant jelly||3 1⁄2 Ounce (100 Grams)|
1. Put the larger cake on the platter. Use a palette knife to spread two-thirds of the ganache over the top and sides. Position the smaller cake on top and cover it with the remaining ganache.
2. Break the chocolate into small pieces and put them in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water. Leave until the chocolate has melted. Use a piece of string to measure the circumferences of both cakes. Cut 2 strips of greaseproof paper, each 2.5 cm (1 inch) longer than the circumference of the cakes and 2 cm (3/4 inch) deeper.
3. Spread the melted chocolate over each strip of paper to within 1 cm (1/2 inch) of the ends and almost to the edges. Leave for 1-2 minutes until the chocolate has cooled slightly (but not started to set), then wrap the short strip around the small cake and the longer strip around the larger cake, paper side out.
4. Chill the cakes for about 30-60 minutes or until the chocolate is brittle, then carefully peel away the paper. Pile the fruits over the top of each cake, letting the redcurrant sprigs spill slightly over the sides.
5. To glaze the fruits, melt the redcurrant jelly with 1 tablespoon water until smooth. Use a pastry brush to coat the fruits evenly with the mixture.