Banana Nut Cake
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Soft butter/Soft margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bananas||1 Cup (16 tbs), mashed|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
1. Place cover on skillet with vac-control valve closed. Let skillet stand over low heat while preparing cake batter.
2. Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl put butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. With electric mixer at high speed, beat 2 minutes or until mixture is light and fluffy. Add sour cream, bananas and walnuts. Beat well on low speed. Add flour mixture and beat at low speed until batter is well blended.
4. Brush bottom and sides of heated skillet with soft shortening. Sprinkle lightly with flour and brush onto bottom and sides, using a pastry brush.
5. Pour cake batter into skillet. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Open vac-control valve and bake 5 minutes longer or until top of cake is no longer moist.
6. Remove cover and turn off heat. Let cake cool in skillet.
7. Cut in pie shaped wedges and serve with sweetened whipped cream.