Quick Fish Cakes
|Chopped parsley||60 Milliliter|
|Dried egg powder||60 Milliliter|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
1. Poach the fish in salted water until it flakes easily with a fork, about 8 minutes. (Alternatively, place in a shallow dish with a little water, cover with microwave cling film and microwave on HIGH until cooked, about 4 minutes.)
2. Peel and cut up the potatoes and cook in boiling salted water until tender. Drain and mash smoothly. Stir in the butter or margarine and the parsley. Season well with salt and pepper.
3. Flake the fish, discarding the skin and bones. Add to the potato and mix well.
4. Blend the dried egg and water to a smooth cream. Stir half into the fish mixture and mix to bind. Turn the mixture on to a floured surface and form into 6 cakes.
5. Pour the remaining egg mixture on to a plate. Place the breadcrumbs on another plate and coat the fish cakes first in egg and then in breadcrumbs.
6. Heat the oil or fat in a large frying pan and fry the fish cakes until golden on the bottoms, turn and cook on the other sides. Serve piping hot with lemon wedges.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5299 Calories from Fat 4491
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 508 g781.1%
Saturated Fat 81 g405.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1233.3 mg411.1%
Sodium 1297.5 mg54.1%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.7%
Dietary Fiber 11.6 g46.2%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 104 g207.7%
Vitamin A 128.6% Vitamin C 271.5%
Calcium 41% Iron 76.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet