|Mixed candied fruits||2 Pound (Two 1 Pound Jars)|
|Golden raisins||15 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Canned flaked coconut||7 Ounce (Two 3 1/2 Ounce Each Cans)|
|Chopped walnuts||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pound cake mix||33 Ounce (Two 16.5 Package)|
|Liquid||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Label Directs)|
|Apricot brandy||2 Tablespoon|
|Apricot glaze||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Grease generously and flour a round 5-cup, 6x3-inch mold. Also grease two 9x5x3-inch loaf pans; line with waxed paper and grease paper.
2. Combine mixed fruits, raisins, coconut and chopped nuts in a very large bowl or kettle. Add 1 1/2 cups dry pound-cake mix and toss to coat fruits and nuts evenly.
3. Prepare pound-cake mix with eggs, liquid called for on label, and apricot brandy.
4. Pour batter over prepared fruits and nuts and stir gently until evenly mixed.
5. Divide batter among prepared mold and loaf pans. Place one oven rack in center of oven and arrange all three pans on same rack of oven.
6. Bake in very slow oven (275°) for 2 hours, then begin to test cakes. The cakes are done when a cake tester or long wooden skewer is inserted into center of cake and comes out clean. (The cake may be done in another 15 minutes or may take up to 45 minutes longer. The time varies with the brand of cake mix you use and the size and shape of your oven.)
7. Remove layers from oven and cool on wire racks for 30 minutes. Loosen cakes around edges with a thin-blade sharp knife and turn out onto racks; remove waxed paper; cool cakes completely. Brush with Apricot Glaze.