|Slivered blanched almonds||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Quart|
|Coffee ice cream||1 Pint|
|Strawberry ice cream||1 Pint|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red food coloring||3 Drop (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
1. Spread almonds in a large, shallow, baking pan. Heat in moderate oven (350°) 10 minutes, or until lightly toasted; set aside a few for garnish, if you wish, then toss remaining nuts with butter or margarine and salt to coat evenly. Cool; chop coarsely.
2. Line an 8-cup bowl with foil or waxed paper, allowing a 2-inch overhang.
3. Spoon vanilla ice cream into a medium-size bowl; stir to soften, then stir in the chopped almonds, and pack into lined bowl, shaping around edge of bowl to leave a hollow in middle.
4. Repeat with coffee ice cream to make a middle layer, then use strawberry ice cream to fill center. Smooth the top even; fold foil or waxed paper over the top to cover. Freeze until just before serving time.
5. Beat cream with sugar and a few drops food coloring until stiff in a medium-size bowl.
6. Peel the paper from top of the ice-cream mold; invert onto a serving plate; lift off the bowl and peel off paper. Frost the mold with the tinted whipped cream; garnish with reserved almonds. Cut mold into wedges with thin, sharp-blade knife. Serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4856 Calories from Fat 2689
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 299 g459.9%
Saturated Fat 131.2 g656.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 777.3 mg259.1%
Sodium 1965.3 mg81.9%
Total Carbohydrates 480 g160.1%
Dietary Fiber 29.3 g117.2%
Sugars 407.1 g
Protein 83 g165.6%
Vitamin A 157.7% Vitamin C 11.9%
Calcium 161.1% Iron 27.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet