Coffee Chiffon Cake
|Egg whites||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Cake flour||2 1⁄3 Cup (37.33 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Instant coffee powder/Crystals||1 Tablespoon|
1. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in large bowl with electric mixer at high speed until foamy-white and double in volume. Beat in 1/3 cup of sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until meringue stands in firm peaks.
2. Sift cake flour, remaining 1 cup sugar, baking powder and salt into a medium-size bowl. Make a well and add oil, egg yolks, water and the instant coffee. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes, or until smooth.
3. Gradually pour egg-yolk mixture over beaten whites, gently folding in until no streaks of white remain. Spoon into 10-inch angel-cake pan.
4. Bake in slow oven (325°) 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until top springs back when pressed with finger.
5. Invert pan, placing over quart-size soft-drink bottle; cool completely. Loosen around outside edge and tube with spatula. Cover pan with serving plate; invert and shake gently; lift off pan. Drizzle the Mocha Glaze over top.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3732 Calories from Fat 1216
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 136 g209.9%
Saturated Fat 21.5 g107.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 925.4 mg308.5%
Sodium 2601.3 mg108.4%
Total Carbohydrates 559 g186.4%
Dietary Fiber 36.2 g144.6%
Sugars 268.6 g
Protein 88 g176.1%
Vitamin A 21.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 148.9% Iron 26.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet