Ribbon Sandwich Cake
|Unsliced white bread loaf||1 (Use A Round Loaf Of Bread)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, softened|
|Chicken spread||10 Ounce (2 Can, 5 Ounce Each)|
|Canned pimientos||4 Ounce, drained and chopped (1 Can Or Jar)|
|Firm ripe avocado||1 Small|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Cream cheese package||16 Ounce, softened (2 Packages, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Cut a thin slice from bread to make top flat. Set aside to use for croutons or a crumb topper. Slice the bottom section crosswise into 4 even layers; spread 3 of the layers with butter or margarine.
2. Mix chicken spread and pimientos in a small bowl; spread evenly on 2 of the layers.
3. Halve the avocado; pit, peel and cut into small chunks; place in a small bowl. Sprinkle with lemon juice, then mash. Blend in 1 package of the cream cheese and mayonnaise or salad dressing; spread on one of the remaining layers.
4. Stack the 3 layers, with avocado layer between, on a large serving plate; place plain layer on top.
5. Beat the remaining package of cream cheese with the milk until fluffy-smooth in a small bowl, then spread over sides and top of loaf. Press parsley firmly onto the sides. Chill. Cut into wedges with a sharp knife.