Apple Crumb Cake
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Pumpkin pie spice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||8 Tablespoon (1 Stick)|
|Dried currants||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned evaporated milk||5 Fluid Ounce|
|Tart cooking apple||1 Large, pared, cored and sliced thin|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
1. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and pumpkin-pie spice into a large bowl; stir in brown sugar.
2. Cut in 6 tablespoons of the butter or margarine with pastry blender or fork until curmbly. Measure 1/2 cup; set aside for topping; stir currants into remainder.
3. Beat eggs slightly in a small bowl; stir in evaporated milk. Stir into the flour mixture until well blended. Spoon into greased, 9-inch pie plate.
4. Arrange apple slices, overlapping, in 2 circles on top. Sprinkle with the 1/2 cup reserved crumb mixture; dot with remaining 2 tablespoons butter or margarine; sprinkle with granulated sugar.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) for 45 minutes, or until firm in center. Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack; cut in wedges.