Egg And Sausage Cake
|Sweet italian sausages/Hot italian sausages/ 8 breakfast sausages||1⁄2 Pound (About 4 In Number)|
|Vegetable oil/Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|All purpose potatoes||2 Medium, scrubbed, but not peeled and cut into 1/8-inch slices|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Yellow onion||1 Medium, peeled and chopped|
1. Preheat the broiler. Prick the sausages all over with a fork. Place them on the broiler rack 4 inches from the heat. Broil for 10 minutes, turning once. Remove from the broiler and slice into 1/4-inch rounds.
2. While the sausages are broiling, heat 4 tablespoons of the butter and 2 tablespoons of the oil in a heavy 12-inch skillet over moderately high heat for about 1 minute. Add the potatoes, sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the salt, and toss several times to coat with the butter and oil. Cook, uncovered, tossing frequently, for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden brown and lightly crisped.
3. Push the potatoes to one side of the skillet, add the sausages and onion to the cleared space, lower the heat to moderate, and cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, beat the eggs with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Toss the potatoes, sausages, and onions together in the skillet. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 tablespoon of oil, coating the sides of the skillet. Pour the eggs over the mixture, cover, and cook for 3 or 4 minutes, or until the eggs begin to set. Shake the skillet from time to time to prevent sticking.
5. Leaving the broiler door open, place the skillet (but not the handle) under the broiler 2 inches from the heat. Broil for 2 minutes, or until the mixture has browned slightly and the eggs are fully set. Gut into wedges, and serve hot or at room temperature. Serve with Skillet Asparagus.