Chocolate Iced Sponge Cake
|Cake flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Double-acting baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||4 (At Room Temperature)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Plain low fat yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Low calorie chocolate pudding and pie filling mix||6 Ounce (1 Envelope, Four 1/2-Cup Servings, Instant Variety)|
1. Preheat oven to 400Â°F. Spray a 15 x 10 1/2 x 1-inch jelly-roll pan with nonstick cooking spray and line with sheet of parchment paper or wax paper; spray again with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2. On sheet of wax paper sift together flour and baking powder; set aside.
3. Using mixer on high speed, in large mixing bowl beat eggs, gradually adding sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, until double in volume; fold in flour mixture.
4. Spread batter evenly in paper-lined pan and bake in middle of center oven rack until golden, 5 to 8 minutes (top should spring back when touched lightly with finger). Remove to wire rack and let cool.
5. While cake cools, prepare icing. In blender combine yogurt and pudding mix and process until smooth.
6. Invert cake onto work surface; remove and discard paper. Cut cake crosswise into 4 equal pieces. Spread 1/4 of the yogurt mixture over each portion of cake.
7. On serving platter arrange 1 cake layer, yogurt-mixture side up; repeat with remaining 3 layers.