Date Pecan Cake
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Rolled oats||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sweet butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), softened|
|Chopped dates||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Lightly oil an 8-inch (20-cm) square cake pan.
3. In a bowl, combine flour, soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt.
4. In a large bowl, combine oats and water; mix well. Let cool slightly.
5. Into moistened oatmeal, beat sugar, butter and eggs until well-blended. Stir in dates and pecans.
6. Add oatmeal mixture to dry ingredients, mixing well.
7. Pour batter into prepared cake pan. Bake in oven 60 minutes, or until tester comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6056 Calories from Fat 2254
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 261 g401.2%
Saturated Fat 105.9 g529.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 810 mg270%
Sodium 2648.5 mg110.4%
Total Carbohydrates 902 g300.6%
Dietary Fiber 66.9 g267.5%
Sugars 619.4 g
Protein 80 g159.1%
Vitamin A 102.1% Vitamin C 7.6%
Calcium 85.6% Iron 144.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet