Date Pecan Cake
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Rolled oats||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sweet butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), softened|
|Chopped dates||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Lightly oil an 8-inch (20-cm) square cake pan.
3. In a bowl, combine flour, soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt.
4. In a large bowl, combine oats and water; mix well. Let cool slightly.
5. Into moistened oatmeal, beat sugar, butter and eggs until well-blended. Stir in dates and pecans.
6. Add oatmeal mixture to dry ingredients, mixing well.
7. Pour batter into prepared cake pan. Bake in oven 60 minutes, or until tester comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack.