In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make an elegant and easy low calorie dessert--Lemon-Filled Angel Food Cake. Great for dieting, but good enough for entertaining! Yum!
Lemon pie filling mix
1 Ounce (instant sugarfree)
2 Cup (32 tbs)
Light lemon yogurt
Angel food cake
1 Pound (ready to serve)
Fat-free frozen whipped topping
1 , slice
1. In a large mixing bowl, pour skimmed milk, add instant lemon pie mix and beat for 2 minutes. Refrigerate overnight.
2. Add light lemon yogurt to the mixture and mix lightly.
3. Place the angel food cake on a cake stand.
4. Using an electric knife divide the cake horizontally into three parts.
5. Place the lowermost layer of the cake on the cake stand, evenly spread the prepared cream mixture.
6. Place the middle layer on top of the bottom layer, spread the cream mixture evenly and cap with the topmost division of the cake.
7. Cover the sides and top of the cake evenly with whipped topping.
8. Using an electric knife, cut a pie from the cake. Garnish with lemon slice and mint leaves.
Citrusy flavors of lemon add sparkle and flavor to any cake and Betty's lemon filled angel cake is no different. With this recipe video, making a light and fluffy lemon-filled angel cake would be breeze. Just add the right finishing touch and voila! you have a treat at hand.
Calories 267 Calories from Fat 23
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g3.9%
Saturated Fat 0.07 g0.36%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8 mg2.7%
Sodium 262 mg10.9%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g17.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.36 g1.4%
Sugars 18.2 g
Protein 5 g10.1%
Vitamin A 0.3%
Vitamin C 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Betty's Light Lemon-Filled Angel Cake --Low Cal! Recipe Video