Orange Rock Cakes
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Double acting baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , unbeaten|
|Grated orange peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange glaze||4 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed)|
Make a few days ahead:
1. Start heating oven to 400Â°F.
2. Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
3. In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add flour mixture, 3 tablespoons orange peel, and orange juice, beating at low speed until blended.
4. Drop, by tablespoonfuls, in oval shapes, onto greased cookie sheets.
5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until light golden.
6. Remove to wire rack; cool. Dribble Orange Glaze over cooled cakes; then sprinkle with more grated orange peel. Makes about 32.
Orange glaze: In small bowl blend 1 1/3 cups sifted confectioners' sugar with 5 to 6 teaspoons orange juice until smooth.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2918 Calories from Fat 924
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 105 g161.7%
Saturated Fat 61.5 g307.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 664.9 mg221.6%
Sodium 2335.3 mg97.3%
Total Carbohydrates 443 g147.6%
Dietary Fiber 10.9 g43.7%
Sugars 150.3 g
Protein 53 g106.5%
Vitamin A 71.4% Vitamin C 114.7%
Calcium 126.4% Iron 118%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet