Killer Chocolate Cake With Chocolate Frosting
|Unsweetened chocolate||3 Ounce, chopped (3 squares, 1 ounce / 28 gram each)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted cake and pastry flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Sweet butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Lightly butter and flour two 9-inch (23-cm) round layer cake pans.
3. In a small bowl, combine chocolate and water, stirring until chocolate melts. Cool slightly.
4. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
5. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter. Add 2 cups (500 ml) sugar; continue to cream until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks one at a time. Stir in cooled chocolate and vanilla.
6. Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with sour cream. Mix well after each addition.
7. In a bowl, beat egg whites and remaining 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar until stiff peaks form. Carefully fold in chocolate mixture.
8. Pour evenly into prepared pans. Bake in oven for 40 to 45 minutes, until tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan. Remove. Fill and frost with Chocolate Frosting.