Killer Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Frosting
|Unsweetened chocolate||3 Ounce, chopped (3 squares, 1 ounce / 28 gram each)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted cake and pastry flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Sweet butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Lightly butter and flour two 9-inch (23-cm) round layer cake pans.
3. In a small bowl, combine chocolate and water, stirring until chocolate melts. Cool slightly.
4. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
5. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter. Add 2 cups (500 ml) sugar; continue to cream until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks one at a time. Stir in cooled chocolate and vanilla.
6. Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with sour cream. Mix well after each addition.
7. In a bowl, beat egg whites and remaining 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar until stiff peaks form. Carefully fold in chocolate mixture.
8. Pour evenly into prepared pans. Bake in oven for 40 to 45 minutes, until tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan. Remove. Fill and frost with Chocolate Frosting.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5038 Calories from Fat 1786
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 205 g315.7%
Saturated Fat 120.8 g603.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1012.1 mg337.4%
Sodium 3769.9 mg157.1%
Total Carbohydrates 777 g258.9%
Dietary Fiber 22.6 g90.3%
Sugars 511.1 g
Protein 68 g135.8%
Vitamin A 101.1% Vitamin C 3.4%
Calcium 142.8% Iron 188.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet