Dreamy Coffee Cake
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), finley chopped|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well. Beat in vanilla.
4. In a bowl, combine brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon.
5. Grease and flour a 9-inch (23-cm) square pan. Spread half the batter in pan.
6. Sprinkle with half the filling mixture. Add remaining batter, smooth top. Sprinkle with remaining filling.
7. Bake in oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until tester comes out clean.