Old Fashioned Fudge Cake
|Chocolate||4 Ounce (unsweetened)|
|Butter||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Cake flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (sifted)|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ice water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
1. Line two 8-inch round glass cake dishes with 2 layers of paper towels cut to fit. Set aside.
2. Melt chocolate in a glass custard cup in microwave oven (1 1/2 to 2 minutes at HIGH). Cool.
3. Cream butter, vanilla extract and sugar thoroughly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in melted chocolate.
4. Sift flour, baking soda and salt together. Alternately add flour mixture and ice water to creamed mixture, beating until blended after each addition.
5. Divide batter evenly in the lined cake dishes. Tap the bottom of the dish to remove large air bubbles. Cover with a paper towel. Cook one layer at a time in microwave oven 7 to 8 1/2 minutes at BAKE, or until done; rotate dish one-quarter turn once.
6. Cool on rack 5 minutes, then remove cake from dish and peel off paper.