Sour Cream Coffee Cake With Vanilla Extract
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
1. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
2. Cream butter, vanilla extract and 1/2 cup sugar thoroughly in a bowl. Add egg and beat well. Alternately add dry ingredients and sour cream to creamed mixture, beating until blended after each addition.
3. Spoon half of batter into a greased 8-inch round glass cake dish.
4. Mix walnuts, remaining sugar and cinnamon. Spoon half of nut mixture over batter in dish. Spoon remaining batter into dish and top evenly with remaining nut mixture.
5. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 7 minutes at simmer; rotate dish one-half turn after 4 minutes.
6. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to stand 10 minutes in dish. Serve warm.