Sour Cream Coffee Cake With Vanilla Extract
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
1. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
2. Cream butter, vanilla extract and 1/2 cup sugar thoroughly in a bowl. Add egg and beat well. Alternately add dry ingredients and sour cream to creamed mixture, beating until blended after each addition.
3. Spoon half of batter into a greased 8-inch round glass cake dish.
4. Mix walnuts, remaining sugar and cinnamon. Spoon half of nut mixture over batter in dish. Spoon remaining batter into dish and top evenly with remaining nut mixture.
5. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 7 minutes at simmer; rotate dish one-half turn after 4 minutes.
6. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to stand 10 minutes in dish. Serve warm.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2011 Calories from Fat 929
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 107 g164.9%
Saturated Fat 47 g234.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 392.2 mg130.7%
Sodium 1735.8 mg72.3%
Total Carbohydrates 243 g80.8%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.6%
Sugars 136.7 g
Protein 30 g59.8%
Vitamin A 46.7% Vitamin C 3.1%
Calcium 65.5% Iron 52.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet