|Butter/Margarine||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Dark brown sugar||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Self raising wholemeal flour||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Cocoa||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Milk||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|For the filling:|
|Butter/Margarine||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Icing sugar||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Plain chocolate||1 1⁄2 Ounce (40 Gram)|
|Milk||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
1. Grease and line the base of a 20.5 cm (8 inch) round cake dish or souffle dish.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs a little at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour and cocoa and fold in using a metal spoon. Stir in enough milk to give a very soft dropping consistency.
3. spoon the mixture into the prepared dish and microwave on HIGH for 8-9 minutes or until a wooden cocktail stick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Give the cake a quarter turn three times during cooking. Allow the cake to stand in its dish for 5 minutes, then turn it out and cool it on a wire rack.
4. To make the filling, cream the butter until soft. Gradually sift and beat in the sugar.
5. Break the chocolate into small pieces, place in a small ovenproof glass bowl and microwave on LOW for 2-2 1/2 minutes until melted. Stir into the butter mixture with the milk and beat until smooth.
6. Cut the cake in half and sandwich it together with half of the icing. Swirl the rest of the icing on top of the cake with a palette knife.