|Sifted cake flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsweetened applesauce||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
1. Line a 1 1/2-quart glass baking dish with 2 layers of paper towels cut to fit. Set aside.
2. Sift flour, baking soda, salt and spices together.
3. Cream shortening and brown sugar. Add egg and beat thoroughly.
4. Add raisins and walnuts to applesauce; mix. Alternately add dry ingredients and applesauce to creamed mixture, mixing well after each addition.
5. Pour batter into the paper-lined dish. Cover with a paper towel. Cook in microwave oven 11 to 13 minutes at BAKE, or until done; rotate dish one-quarter turn once.
6. Cool on rack 5 minutes, then remove cake from dish and peel off paper.