Strawberry Shortcake With Whipped Cream Topping
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sweetened strawberries/Other fresh fruit||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sweetened whipped cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Line two 8-inch round glass cake dishes with 2 layers of paper towels cut to fit dish.
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk and mix only until the dry ingredients are moistened. Dough will be thick and lumpy.
3. Divide dough into two portions. Drop one-half of dough by teaspoonfuls into each lined cake dish. Spread evenly with moistened fingers.
4. Cook uncovered, one dish at a time, in microwave oven 2 1/2 to 3 minutes at HIGH, or until done.
5. Remove shortcake from dishes and peel off paper.
6. Serve shortcake warm, filled and topped with fruit and whipped cream.