Cranberry Christmas Cake
|Cake mix||36 Ounce (lemon flavored)|
|Cream cheese||6 Ounce|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Ground cranberries||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Ground walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Iodized salt||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Grease a 11-inch x 7-inch or 8-inch baking pan with butter and dust it lightly with flour.
3. In a mixing bowl combine cake mix, cream cheese, sugar, milk and eggs.
4. Beat until well blended, light and fluffy.
5. Stir in the cranberries, walnuts.
6. Pour the batter into baking tin and place in the oven. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
7. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through.
8. Remove cake from oven and invert onto a wire rack to cool slightly.
9. Pour the cream sauce over the cake and cut into squares.
10 Serve the cake warm with coffee as a snack or as a dessert if you like.
Calories 2009 Calories from Fat 714
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 80 g123.4%
Saturated Fat 41 g205.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 482.6 mg160.9%
Sodium 1761 mg73.4%
Total Carbohydrates 301 g100.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g21.9%
Sugars 191.2 g
Protein 29 g58.3%
Vitamin A 43.1% Vitamin C 20.4%
Calcium 47.9% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet