Fruit Cake With Rum
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped dates||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Candied orange peel/Candied lemon peel||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsalted chopped cashews||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs) (At Room Temperature, 2 Sticks)|
|Powdered sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||6 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||3 Drop|
|Eggs||3 Large, separated (Or 4 Medium Sized)|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Clove powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Add rum to the pan, then add dates,raisins and candid orange and lemon peel.
2. Cook for 1-2 minutes on medium heat. Let it cook down.
3. To make caramel, add granulated sugar in a saucepan and add 3 tbsp water. Add a few drops of lemon juice and cook on medium high heat. DO not stir, let the sugar caramelize. It will take about 7-8 minutes for the sugar to caramelize.
4. Turn down the flame and add boiled water.
5. Take butter in a bowl and whip it with a hand blender.
6. Add powdered sugar to the butter and whip.
7. Add egg yolk one at a time and keep whipping.
8. Add vanilla extract to the bowl.
9. Mix all the dry ingredients together and sift it on the bowl of whipped butter.
10. Add little dry ingredient mixture at a time and whip.
11. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
12. Add the caramelized sugar and dry fruit mixture to the butter mixture. Mix everything together.
13. Grease the baking pans with cooking spray.
14. Whip up the egg white in a separate bowl until it is nice, fluffy and form soft peaks.
15. Add whipped egg white to the cake mixture.
16. Mix and pour in the baking pan.
17. Bake for 45-60 minutes depending on the shape of the cake.
18. Sprinkle powdered sugar over the cake when it is done.