Lemon Coffee Cake
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For the topping|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon peel||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 9 inch square baking pan.
3. In a bowl of milk add lemon juice. Mix well and set it aside to become sour.
4. In an electric mixing bowl, add butter, sugar and cream it until smooth and creamy.
5. Add the eggs and beat them one at a time. Add vanilla extract and beat the mixture again.
6. In another bowl,a dd and combine the flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
7. Gradually add 1/3 cup of the flour and 1/2 cup of sour milk into the wet ingredients and continue beating the batter. Stir in another 1/3 cup of flour with the remaining sour milk. Then add the rest of the flour and continue beating for 2 minutes until well combined. Stir in the lemon rind and mix well again.
8. Take the greased baking pan, pour the batter evenly into the pan and smooth out the top. Set it aside.
9. For the topping: In a bowl, add and combine flour with lemon zest, brown sugar and butter. Mix the ingredients until a crumbled texture is formed.
10. Sprinkle this over the cake batter and bake it in the oven for 30 - 35 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
11. Serve this lemon coffee cake in desired pieces.