Cherry And Coconut Cake
|Desiccated coconut||4 Ounce (100 Grams)|
|Self raising flour||9 Ounce (250 Grams)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Ounce, cut into pieces (125 Grams)|
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce (125 Grams)|
|Glace cherries||4 Ounce, finely chopped (125 Grams)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Shredded coconut||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
1. Grease a 1.3 litre (2 1/4 pint) ovenproof glass ring mould or microwave ring mould and sprinkle with 25 g (1 oz) of the desiccated coconut, spreading any excess evenly in the base of the mould.
2. Put the flour and the salt into a mixing bowl and rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the desiccated coconut, sugar and cherries.
3. Add the eggs and milk and then beat well, adding more milk, if necessary, to make a soft dropping consistency. Spoon the mixture into the prepared dish, smooth the top and scatter the shredded coconut over the top.
4. Cover loosely with cling film and microwave on HIGH for 10-11 minutes until the cake is well risen and just dry on the surface. A wooden cocktail stick or skewer should come out clean when inserted into the centre. Give the cake a quarter turn four times during the cooking time.
5. Allow the cake to stand in its dish for 10 minutes before carefully turning it out on to a rack to cool.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3687 Calories from Fat 1681
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 195 g299.8%
Saturated Fat 139.5 g697.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 690.8 mg230.3%
Sodium 3854.1 mg160.6%
Total Carbohydrates 443 g147.8%
Dietary Fiber 27.9 g111.7%
Sugars 220.2 g
Protein 55 g110.5%
Vitamin A 71.3% Vitamin C 4.4%
Calcium 124.7% Iron 101.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet