Warm Apple Cake
|Cooking apples/Null||8 Ounce, peeled, cored and chopped (225 Gram)|
|Sultanas/Null||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Milk/Null||3 Fluid Ounce (75 Milliliter)|
|Dark brown sugar/Null||3 Ounce (Soft Ones, 75 Gram)|
|Self raising flour/Null||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Mixed spice/Null||2 Teaspoon (Leveled) (10 Milliliter)|
|Ground cinnamon/Null||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled) (2.5 Milliliter)|
|Butter/Margarine||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Egg/Null||70 Gram, beaten (1 Size 2 One)|
|Apples/Null||2 , quartered and sliced (Null)|
|Apricot jam/Null||15 Milliliter (To Serve, Heated Custard / Cream, 1 Level Tablespoon)|
1. Grease a 23 cm (9 inch), 2.3 litre (4 pint) ovenproof glass or microwave ring mould.
2. Mix the apples, sultanas, milk and sugar together.
3. Sift the flour and spices into a mixing bowl and rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the apple mixture and egg and mix the ingredients together well.
4. Spoon the cake mixture into the prepared mould and smooth the top.
5. Cover with cling film and microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes, then remove the cling film and microwave on HIGH for 1-2 minutes until cooked, when a wooden cocktail stick or skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
6. Leave the cake to stand in its mould for 5 minutes before carefully turning it out. Arrange the sliced apple on top of the cake and brush with the apricot jam. Serve the apple cake warm with custard or cream.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2370 Calories from Fat 731
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 83 g128%
Saturated Fat 48.3 g241.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 487.8 mg162.6%
Sodium 2343.7 mg97.7%
Total Carbohydrates 394 g131.2%
Dietary Fiber 22.8 g91.1%
Sugars 221.8 g
Protein 35 g70.7%
Vitamin A 56.9% Vitamin C 46.9%
Calcium 84.4% Iron 67%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet