Almond And Cherry Cake
|Glace cherries||10 Ounce (275 Gram)|
|Self-raising flour||2 1⁄2 Ounce (65 Gram)|
|Unsalted butter||8 Ounce, softened (225 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Eggs||6 , beaten|
|Ground almonds||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Almond essence||2 1⁄2 Milliliter (1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon (To Decorate)|
1. Grease a 2.3 litre (4 pint) ovenproof glass or microwave ring mould.
2. Dust the cherries lightly with 15 g (1/2 oz) of the flour and arrange them in the bottom of the dish.
3. Cream the butter and sugar together until they are pale and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, a little at a time, adding a little of the flour if the mixture shows signs of curdling.
4. Sift in the remaining flour with the salt. Add the almonds and almond flavouring and mix the ingredients together well.
5. Carefully spoon the mixture on top of the cherries in the prepared dish and smooth the top.
6. Cover with cling film and microwave on HIGH for 12-13 minutes until the cake is done, when a wooden cocktail stick or skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Give the dish a quarter turn three times during cooking.
7. Remove the cling film and leave the cake until it is cold. Loosen around the sides of the cake with a palette knife and carefully turn it out on to a serving plate. Sift icing sugar over the top.