Choice Chocolate Cake
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Margarine/Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Buttermilk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla chocolate frosting/1 can chocolate frosting candy coated milk chocolate pieces||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Turn the oven to 350°. Put some shortening on a piece of paper towel or waxed paper. Spread the shortening over the bottom and sides of the baking pan to grease it.
2. In the mixing bowl, put flour, sugar, and baking soda. Mix well with the wooden spoon. Save until Step 4.
3. In saucepan, put margarine, water, and cocoa powder. Put pan on burner. Turn to medium. Heat till margarine melts. Turn off burner. Remove pan from burner.
4. Crack the egg into the custard cup. Add the egg, margarine mixture, buttermilk, and vanilla to dry ingredients. Beat till smooth with the wooden spoon. Pour the batter into the greased pan. With the rubber scraper, scrape all batter from the bowl into the pan.
5. Put the pan in the oven. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or till the toothpick comes out clean when inserted near the center. Use hot pads to remove cake from oven. Turn off oven. Cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Turn cake in pan upside-down on rack. Carefully lift pan from cake. Place the second cooling rack over cake. Turn over so the rounded side of the cake is on top. Remove top cooling rack. Cool completely.
6. Frost cake with Chocolate Frosting.