Holiday Date Cake
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sodium bicarbonate||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sliced chopped dates||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chocolate powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Sieve the flour along with baking powder, soda and salt, three times.
2. In a thick-bottomed pan add the milk and bring to boil, add oil and remove from fire.
3. Stir in the sugar till it dissolves. Now add the caramelized sugar and. chocolate powder
4. Cool and add slightly beaten eggs.
5. Slowly add the flour, stirring well to see that no lumps are formed. Lastly, add the fruit mixed with a little flour and the rum.
6. Heat the oven to 250° F.
7. Wipe the cake tin, rub the bottom and sides with oil. Sprinkle flour with a sieve so that the inside is covered equally. Put in the cake mixture to 3/4 full and bake in a hot oven for 45 minutes.
8. After the cake is well risen, bring the heat down to 200 degrees so that the cake should be well browned on top and also well cooked inside.
9. Cool and turn out on a wire stand.